The blog of a person....yeah that sounds good.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Between the two Squares the Name Tetragrammaton

As of late I have found myself reading Grimoires again. They are fascinating books. Theres alot of fake ones about wiccans and whatnot though. And someone like myself who wants to find real stuff about the real occult, finds that quite annoying.
Ah well.
At least theres not alot of fake cryptozoology stuff online.

__________________________________
__________________________________
__________________________________

I saw Paranormal Activity the other night. While not the next Suspiria or Jacob's Ladder or anything, it proved to be a very nice little fright flick.



If you've seen the trailer, then you get the gist. A couple put a camera in their home, record what happens at night, wife is haunted by a demon.

Its that rare RARE horror film that uses no special effects and creates its scares simply through sound design and clever timing. I'd say it succeeds where Blair Witch and Cloverfield and Diary of the Dead tried to go but didnt quite get.

Also for some reason they changed the ending for the theatrical version. Its kind of a silly ending.

It wasn't HORRIFYING to me, but then, I've exposed my brain to all the snuff that leaks online and as many horror films as I've been able to get my chubby latin fingers on.
__________________________________
__________________________________
__________________________________

I also saw another great movie this week.


MUPPETS: Letters from Santa

As Disney has yet to do anything much with the muppet property besides a couple of tv movies, you'd think the quality of these things would drop like a rock.

But somehow the Muppets strive on continuing to be very witty, very dry, and always having really good music.
This movie had Uma Thurman and Nathan Lane in it. Whoopi Goldberg was also in it for literally about 10 seconds. You'd think considering how often she was on Sesame Street that they'd have given her a bigger part.

Songs by PAUL FRIGGIN WILLIAMS.

The film is about how the Muppets go to a post office, destroy it via song and dance, and then have to try to get the letters to santa clause before christmas eve. All the while with Pepe the shrimp and Rizzo the rat making fun of them the entire trip.

Short. Like an hour long. Great though. During the credits is the best blooper reel I've seen in a while as well.

Maybe one day they'll be on the big screen again.
__________________________
__________________________
__________________________

Speaking of muppets, I found a place online where I could get myself a shirt of Zoot from the Electric Mayhem band. Sadly there was no shirt of the entire band together but Zoot's cool enough on his own.

__________________________
__________________________
__________________________


IN OTHER NEWS




my good friend Red Mongoose (Red Man Ghost in some circles) has finished his new Halloween Compilation Album. Full of songs and remixes by him and a few other people. I myself provide some maniacal laughter at the end of one of the songs.

Its all to celebrate Halloween, the best holiday ever!

Here is the link you must click to download the Sp00ky vs The Wolfman album from Red Man Ghost featuring Farther Snake, ShadowFox, Armon Pakdel, and KWWRR.



Similarly, a friend of mine named Wasim has released an album for free in the same server. Wasim's Album: In Pain We Trust
___________________________
___________________________
___________________________

Speaking of Halloween, Albino Black Sheep were having a Halloween contest to come up with your own personal idea of what HELL would be like for you.

After a week of thinking about it, I quickly threw together, in one night, one of the crappiest cartoons I've ever made.

But it echoes my thoughts on what I think the worst art possible is.

Hell.

For those who want a better look at the amalgamation of pretentious and emo that is "SONICPHEROTH" well then here you go:


You know what the saddest thing about this image is? Somewhere on Deviantart is a pathetic human being who will see this and be upset that I 'stole' their 'brilliant' and 'original' character. The other sad thing is someone looking at this image will probably drop their pants and masturbate to it.
THATS HOW BAD THE INTERNET IS NOW.
If you are either of those people i'd suggest leaping facefirst into a concrete wall at the soonest possible convenience.

_____________________
_____________________
_____________________

In other other news, Valve finally updated the Team Fortress website.

YEAH IM TALKIN ABOUT THIS GAME IN MY BLOG AGAIN FUCK YOU ITS A GOOD GAME

They added the Sniper's car into the games various props.
Its the first time I think anyone has seen the Camper Van from the front.
Its really beautifully designed.


Seriously why cant more games be stylized in such a fetching way?

Also with as many cars are in the game now why has noone made a drag race level yet?

________________________
________________________
________________________

And finally I uploaded an incredibly old cartoon of mine onto youtube.
The Morgue.
One of the first cartoons I dared to try doing actual ANIMATION in. However that doesn't mean it hasnt aged badly. Hence I put up a disclaimer.
Its still one of my more popular cartoons. Probably due to its length and weirdness.


I started on a sequel to the Morgue years ago.
Never finished it. One day, one day. Just like Polypeptide. One day.


________________________
________________________
________________________


Speaking of cartoons, a couple of my friends have put out some new cartoons lately that I feel like hopefully giving a tiny bit more exposure here.

The first is a cartoon called RUPTURED made by my friend Jacob Breck, known in most online circles as Mr.Scriblam.
He rarely makes cartoons, so this was nice to see come from him. It reminds me of 'day of the tentacle' for some raisin.



Also my friend and employer Weebl recently released a new cartoon. And by the looks of it, I think its going to be his most popular thing since his Badger Badger Badger cartoon.



________________
________________
________________

speakin of youtube its taken them several weeks to get back to me about the whole "partnership" thing. they probably ignored my application, knowing them.

Boy I wish I had something of interest to post to end this post.

But I dont.
So...

Heres some more screenshots from that superviolent thing i've been working on:




1 comment:

Unknown said...

omg
thanks for the plug zekey

also that is a cool hole in the head shot