The blog of a person....yeah that sounds good.

Monday, May 30, 2011

Oh the grand galloping gala is the best place for me

The other night my friend Bug found an amusing team fortress 2 server. He found it via his goon friends over at Something Awful. A server that labels itself "non-serious" where the 30+ people on it at a time spend their time running in little circles and playing music over the mic.
While this kind of activity is acceptable in idle or achievement servers which are designed for people to basically fuck around with no end goal, this server does this on official maps. Simultaneously the members try VERY VERY hard to show off how non-serious they are about things and get very upset if anyone is killed. In a shooting game. So of course me and bug went demoman and heavy weapons and proceeded to piss them all off by repeatedly killing them while they cavorted about micspamming.
Some got so angry they actually fought back. Unfortunately they were terrible players.
Honestly I'm no tf2 prodigy, but god damn.
You'd think I had god-mode on or some shit with the amount of people I was murdering in fights.
I see better players in those 24/7 instant respawn 2fort servers.
Maybe that's why they labeled it non-serious. So nobody would know how bad they are?
Anywho.



____________________________________
____________________________________
____________________________________
____________________________________
____________________________________

Not long ago Notch, the creator of Minecraft, uploaded a video of himself getting shot with a nerf gun.
My art is on the big wall behind him! ooh ahh!


He added two things recently to the game that I've always ALWAYS wanted.
Hatch doors:

and grass! now also bushes too!


Sadly as of now there is no way to grow this grass and if you destroy it, it has no way of coming back.

________________________
________________________
________________________
________________________


So the big project I was working on the last couple of weeks is finally online. It is a whirlwind of vectors and cuteness.
It is about ponies.
I made it for the online game called Moshi Monsters


Yes, I animated this. And did the backrounds. Weebl did the song.

Probably one of the most complex things I've ever assembled in flash.
And now I'm working on a cartoon about crabs! Hooray!

___________________________
___________________________
___________________________
___________________________


Also Kung Fu Panda 2 is excellent. Not quite as great as the original but as far as sequels go, it's great. The team at Dreamworks should all be patting themselves on the back.

__________________________
__________________________
__________________________
__________________________

Speaking of animation studios a new one is opening up here in florida.
Looks like they've already taken in some of the former staff of the long-dead Disney florida animation sect that worked on Mulan and Lilo n Stitch.

Here's the article.

Whatever happens, professional animation increasing in Florida is a good thing.
I won't be applying.
I have no skill in 3d animation and I have way too much to do these days anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still updating your texture pack?

And I've been following you since you were on AlbinoBlackSheep. Yes I'm a stalker, but also you've come a long ways.

Anonymous said...

Ha. I also have been lurking your videos since the albino/newground days. Hey man dont say you wont try applying at the studio. Maybe you can do cover artwork for DVDs? Or animate credits or something.