The blog of a person....yeah that sounds good.

Friday, September 09, 2005

Now I feel bad...bad....bad llama!

Well, the guy from Rookietv has yet to email me back. So once again, I fall back into the pit of acheivementless. I have actually decided to spend some cash (for once) and have been buying myself some swell DVDs.
I bought Wizards (by Ralph Bakshi), Lilo and Stitch2, and the Emporer's New Groove on DVD. I have enjoyed them thoroughly although all 3 have filled me with some anger.
Wizards got me steamed because I know not 1 cent of the money I spent on it will go to Ralph Bakshi who will probably be screwed out of his money for eternity by the people who put his films on DVD.
Lilo and Stitch 2 angered me because it was a masterpeice. It's wonderful! And all the people who worked on it are now jobless due to the closing of DisneyToon studios in Australia. You'd think by now Disney Execs would get a clue. Apparently not. Lilo+Stitch2 is so good. From the cool explosion-filled beggining to the heartbreaking tear-jerking finale. It saddens me all the people who worked very hard on this beautiful thing are gone now.
And Emporer's New Groove angered me because this film is so incredibly underrated. It's beautifully animated, funny, and is so completely out of left-feild with very sarcastic humor, crazy incan-design-meets-vegas art style, and an insane speed at which everything is delivered. I hope Mark Dindhal continues to make movies for a long time to come.

Also also, I am slowly finishing the soundtrack for my BIG BIG cartoon. When I say BIG I mean uberfancy Flash cartoon. The soundtrack, at its most basic is the song "Danse Macabre" which I have made several different versions of the song for the different segments of the cartoon. The cartoon is called "Bored" thus far and is a weird story of a bored boy who is visited by the bedraggled Boredom Fairy who tries to find exciting things for the boy to do. Eventually the Fairy grows frustrated and starts causing disasters the boy has to fix in order to releive boredom (in a cruel fashion). Remixing a song as catchy as Danse Macabre is a little joy unto itself. Making a carny version for the circus scene, or making the hip-hop version for the basketball scene. Yes indeed. When it's done I'm actually going to take a chance and send it to the Nicktoons festival. This will really be the first time I ever submit something to an event of that size. But eventually I knew I was going to do it anyway, and this cartoon might as well be it as, thus far, it looks lovely. Which reminds me that I need to get back to working on random people walking around in the backround (it takes place in a populated city you see).

Anyway, I'm out of things to write about for now. The Legion cartoon I talked about last blog entry has pretty much died. I dont know why. My passion to create it has asploded. Oh well. I'm sure eventually I'll finish it one day. This isn't the first time I've left a personal project only partly done. But as of right now, it is on hiatus. And I am quite busy with the Bored cartoon now.

On the 29th of this month it will be my birthday. And I will officially be the age that is considered adulthood. And there I will be. An independent animator with no tools other than flash working in a department store job I loathe. It could be alot worse of course. But it's beginning to become more obvious I am heading nowhere. Even after I get my bachelor's degree in computer animation...where will I go? what can I do? Oh well. I bought a new sketchbook today. One of these days I'm going to scan some of my drawings and post them in this blog o' mine. I'm a hell of alot better at drawing by hand than with a mouse.

God, I want a touch screen monitor. I could do my pencil tests by hands, IN FLASH. No more symbols for me. That would rock so indescribably hard. Oh, but they cost so much. But they are worth it. And I cant stand using Wacom pads. My hand-eye-screen coordination will forever suck.

No comments: