The blog of a person....yeah that sounds good.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Seargent Gruuuuuuuuuuumbles!!!!!!!!!

I was just contacted by the main head behind Rookietv

He enjoyed my morgue cartoon. And wants to supply me with funny audio to animate with to broadcast on television in 5 cities.

I am, of course, going to take him up on his offer!

Sadly I cant think of a proffesional way to respond to his email without saying "Thanks! Sure I will"

Ugh. Oh well. Hopefully I can get my foot-in-the-door with this possible opportunity.
Lord knows I need it. My schoolwork isn't doing so hot and my job is slowly driving me insane.

________________________________________________
In other news, for those who dont know, the show "The Buzz on Maggie" has been cancelled. Not because it was a bad show (it rocked) but due mainly I beleive to the Disney channel not advertising. Honestly, I only found out about this show via the internet. Never one commercial did I ever see for it. I'm sure Disney has more Lizzie McGuire reruns to place in the time slot Maggie was once at. It was one of the few cartoons on tv made in flash. And it moved beautifully.
Oh modern-day television. What went wrong?
_______________________________________________________________

I see a new horrible franchise has been given birth by a toy company leaching off of Disney. Pooh Babies!
Because apparently, the characters just weren't cuddly enough. And stuffed animals age and grow like people.
sigh.
________________________________________________________________

Anways, hardly a week since my Morgue fiasco is done and I am already working on something else. Why wont my hands and brain let me rest from art for a few weeks? :(
Anyways...it's a music video to one of the best techno/electronica songs ever.
Legion by the band VNV Nation.
I've only done a very wee small chunk of it thus far.
Quick tiny screen:
Example
It will be difficult due to the fact that there will be lots and lots of moving characters at once. All little cute robots. I think I can make it easier by beating a few animated graphic symbols about into a loop to make it look like a mass of robots moving at once. Something I will test later. I have 2 different endings in my head for this cartoon. Right now I'm trying to get feedback to try and decide which way it will end.
__________________________________________________________________

I saw the Brother's Grimm last night.
One can always tell a Terry Gilliam film.
Crazy lighting, bizarre realism, and overall an unnerving experiance.
It was a great film. A bit incoherant though. And done mostly with very few special effects. The previews dont show it, but there are quite a few awesome monsters and stuff in this film. My personal fave will be the trees that walk. The roots of the trees scuttle along like spider's legs.

The gingerbread man sequence is comedic and disturbing all at once. As is the horse that gorges itself by eating children. Matt Damon and Heath Ledger both perform well, as do all the not-as-important characters. Gilliam also proves that a movie can be creepy WITHOUT being dark. The movie is constanly bathed in bright colorful lighting and at times almost seems like a play that has been filmed.

I sure hope it does well. Gilliam doesn't make movies too often and this is a rare treat. It cleverly combines many fairytales into a feakish epic concerning the French occupation of germany and a couple of scam artists who all get tied up in a bizarre fairytale town where magic exsists.

SEE IT.
________________________________________________________________________

Once again I find myself adicted to the cartoons at DisasterLabs.com
Go there. It's a good place!

No comments: