The blog of a person....yeah that sounds good.

Thursday, December 06, 2007

I have some top secret clown business that supersedes any plans that you might have for this here vehicle

This is a test of the emergency broadcast system. This is only a test. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.

CLOWN.

Still a bit shaky, but it is definite progress in my progress to master this tablet.
Not quite at the level where I can start fiddling with polypeptide again, but definite progress.

Soon though, I think.
Soon.
I think the hardest part of using this thing, is that alot of the things that work in flash use the keyboard and sometimes require holding down the keys. Shift, Alt, Ctrl, etc. I can poke those buttons on the "virtual keyboard" but I cant hold a button down while working on something as the pen can only touch one place at a time.
Also, without an Enter or Play button, I have to manually hit the "play movie" dropdown menu option or Test the Movie.

These are simple things, but they mean alot for efficiency. Meaning it will take even longer to finish something.

Not that I dislike the tablet PC in anyway, but I should let any other flash-users out there know what the flaws of using flash on it are. But then, I assume a Cintiq has the same problems. And a Cintiq doesnt even have a virtual keyboard inside!

This pc though, animating on it brings up an old dusty feeling in me I havent felt in a while.
The feeling I got sitting in a room of my peers, all of us hunched over a lit desk, animating. Silently. Nothing but the sound of pencils and the feeling of accomplishment when we went back and flipped through the drawings and seen the cartoon come to life.
Animating with a mouse just doesn't replicate that feeling until the cartoon is finished. Or maybe I'm an idiot.
I dunno.


I might try doing a cartoon with backrounds made in Alias Sketchbook soon. I've fallen in love with it.
Check out this sick bastard child of science and satan I created earlier today:

WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE?

You might be asking yourself "why did you put goofy's head on a turtle's body"
The short answer is: I don't know
The long answer is: It's a huge cryptic mystery and the only way to solve it is to read every article on wikipedia front to back.

Every single one.
That's right.
You heard me.
From Ants to Zimmer, Hans

I finally got to see what the print quality on a zazzle shirt looks like (cause I made myself a custom tee, cause hell, I can always use more shirts), and I must say, I'm impressed.

Huge difference over the crappy plasticine Cafepress quality shirts. Very high quality print job for the Zazzle shirt. Little fading (thus far), so good shit.
Of course I have yet to put it through a really hard washing (aka with good soap, and a bunch of other clothing)so for all I know it might turn into a ball of lint and threads afterwards, but I just dont know yet.


I got to eat something quite tasty today.
There's a place nearby here called Mellow Mushroom. It's a pizza joint dressed up to look like a hippie hangout. The mascots are two dopey mushrooms with bloodshot eyes. There's a website with cartoons and everything. I think the cartoons are by the Homestarrunner guys...or at least inspired by them. Either way, the whole company and it's wares are creepy as hell.
It's a pizza place.
But I'd overheard the pizza was disgusting from someone. But it's been in the weird multicolored plaza for a good year at least, so I decided to try it.
A few months ago, the best pizza place around here closed down. A place called Buca di Beppo which in Italian means Big John's Basement. I guess John in Italian is "di"
I dunno. Either way, the second best pizza place here in town is small establishment in a tiny quiet inlet called Mamma's. Good pizza. I join my father there at least once every few weeks for their holy-crap-good triple pepperoni double cheese pizza.
I like pizza. And the Mellow Mushroom place, while disturbing unintentionally, is very good. A slab of toasted dough, olive oil slathered on top, feta cheese, and sliced tomato is what I had. It seemed to be naturally made. And it was good.
So I gladly set the Mellow Mushroom as second-best pizza place around here.
First being Mamma's. Noone beats Mamma's.

EVER. >:C

sigh. Dont worry guys one day I'll type something interesting here.

One day.

...The Hives are on a commercial for cartoon network. I dont know if I should be overjoyed or revolted.

time now to go. I will post more clown cartoon later, unless I finish it.

For those wondering where I got the old old old old old old music used in the clown cartoon, it's from "The Baby Babble Record" and judging by the quality of the sound (which I fixed for the cartoon), I'm going to assume it's from either the 1940's or 1950's.

1 comment:

Pinao said...

I believe aardvark comes before ants, Zekey.