The blog of a person....yeah that sounds good.

Friday, May 14, 2010

Do my robot arms turn you on?

First things first, Billy Monks has completed a new game. Currently it is being hosted at our game site, Rocketslap. It's a very simple but slightly frustrating little puzzle game with very plain visuals. It was made in a very short period of time by Bill and some friends. However, its pretty decent, and I did the art, so hell, why not give it a play since you're here? It's not a flash game, fyi. It's 3d and runs through an EXE. So if EXE's and Batch files freak you out, dont unzip! The rest, please enjoy TOWER ASCENT


____________________________________
____________________________________
____________________________________

Speaking of, the new starter Pokemon got announced/leaked/whatevered this week.
They are pretty OK, actually.
A fire piglet thing with pointless stripes and dumb tail.
A lizard with a leafy tail that looks aloof.
And an otter that looks like it watched its family burn to death right in front of it.

Its interesting to see the various ups and downs in quality of creature designs as time goes on in this dryly milked franchise.
_____________________________________
_____________________________________
_____________________________________


Speaking of videogame franchises, I learned of THREE great things today.

Great thing one:

The amazing arcade game HYDRO THUNDER made by the long dead Midway video game company is FINALLY getting a sequel. A sequel that looks BADASS.


Great thing two:

Two of the manliest shooters that ever existed in the arcades are coming to the wii sometime in the near future. Gunblade NY and L.A. Machineguns. These games were like playing Metal Slug in 3d. Nothing but bullet rain, chaos, upgrades, and explosions.



Great thing three:

Valve, one of the most generous game companies ever, is updating, for free, Counter Strike. One of the oldest FPS still around. It is getting a complete code and graphical overhaul. No more bunnyhopping or shooting through walls. God damn, I love Valve.

Sweetness.

_____________________________
_____________________________
_____________________________
_____________________________


Oh and one more minor note here, Andy's birthday party has been moved to today.

also


I MADE A CARTOON. THATS RIGHT. A NEW ONE. WOWIE!


Yeah. When was the last time you heard me say THAT?

Yes indeed.


I have made a new cartoon to the soothing sounds of "Sexy Robots" by my employer Weebl.


Sexy Robots. Give it a look, why not?

___________________________________
___________________________________
___________________________________
___________________________________

Here's some news of up-and-coming stuff.

For starters I got myself a real gasmask and some belt pouches for my Stalker thing. Both are quite comfortable.

Secondly, a game I've been doing art for has a non-public beta out. Once its done, you can see it. It's an RPG that oddly deep for being based in flash. It takes place in a rather humorous world of the Mafia vs Ninjas.

Thirdly, the short film me and my friends have slowly been piecing together is done! Paranormal Passivity is completed. And I have gotten my hands on a brand spanking new copy of Sony Vegas (which is an insanely powerful piece of software that makes my head spin with all its possibilities). Editing will begin very soon. And then you'll get to see the cereal-encrusted final product when I get it online. It will also have a hilarious production company logo at the beginning which we'll probably slap in front of all our films to seem more legit.

____________________
____________________
____________________
____________________

Anyway, I'm going to go see if I can figure out how MAME works.

No comments: