The blog of a person....yeah that sounds good.

Friday, July 16, 2010

she can speak volumes with her eyeballs

It's been a long time since Cartoon Network and George Lucas halted the fantastic 2D Clone Wars series from Genndy Tartakovsky, to later bring it back under a new studio, with 3d CGI animation, and a slightly less pleasant style. Only slightly, though. The show it still good, but not the dark cunning thing it once was. It's more like the movies now, which can be a good or bad thing depending on your personal tastes of what Lucas does with his franchises these days. I still cant get over how bad FORCE UNLEASHED got once you got the robot trash planet.

Anyway.

Ever since then there have been rumors and things swirling around for a while. Rumors that a live-action Samurai Jack movie was being made. Rumors that Genndy was working on a new show. Rumors that JJ Abrahms was producing an animated Samurai Jack film with Genndy and Frederator Studios. Rumors that Genndy's new thing called Symbionic Titan was cancelled in pre-production to make room for more live action crap on cartoon network, sharing the same fate as the new shorts program that leaked onto youtube earlier this year. And the same fate as Chowder.

Mostly bad news.

But hey!


The show is still being made. And oh my sweet buttery lord it looks good.

Kevin Dart just posted a massive thing on his blog with lots of art and screenshots of the show. My Mouth is salivating!
Please let this last more than a season Cartoon Network.

Also if you don't know who Kevin Dart is, you should watch this:

_________________________________
_________________________________
_________________________________
_________________________________

My car is dying. Or is dead.
One of the two.
It started making a loud PUTPUTPUT sound as I drove it to work yesterday. When I later drove it back it got even louder, something under the hood was literally shaking and making the whole car bounce and rattle. The "change oil" "no seatbelt" and "service engine soon" lights started blinking. The radiator heat dial started fluctuating all over the place.

It started slowing down and any attempts to accelerate it caused it to get VERY loud and to shake very violently. By the time I managed to slide it into the driveway a very pungent smell was in the air. Like rotting eggs and burning power steering fluid. White smoke was billowing out from under the hood.

So there it is.
I haven't dared touch it since that point.

__________________________
__________________________
__________________________
__________________________


A new place has opened up on Dale Mabry Highway. A few minutes away from where I live. It's called BURGER MONGER.
Holy shit! Look, I am a fat man. A fat fat man. When I tell you food is good, you know I speak from experience and wisdom.

It's alot like Five Guys Burgers n Fries in that you get a burger and a giant list of toppings and sauces.
The difference is that, whereas Five Guys burgers are a bit more like sloppy joes with alot of grease and a very messy eating experience, BURGER MONGER's are moist without being drippy and the burgers are made with KOBE beef.

Both places have similar toppings. Five Guys has alot more hot sauces (which I like) while Monger's has a special Monger Sauce which is rather like a Chipotle Mayonnaise kind of dressing. Monger's burgers are just, easier to eat, easier to hold, taste better, and don't require a whole redwood tree worth of napkins to clean yourself with afterwards.

Either way, Burger Monger is a wonderful little place to get a burger made right.
If you live in Tampa you should check this place out at least once. Five Guys does have better fries though. Peanut oil + potato slices = magic.

With this place and Firehouse Subs, it's like this country has entered into a new Golden Age of restaurant sandwiches.
_____________________
_____________________
_____________________

I've been a busy guy over the last few days. I got to go to a recording studio not far from here and meet a cool musician who is also an expert video editor. And I edited together a show reel of sorts for my boss. It came out pretty cool too. I really do love Sony Vegas.
_____________________
_____________________
_____________________

In Minecraft I decided to build something large and complex in the "Huge Multiworld Flatgrass" server. I've been lucky enough to be an Advanced Builder there which means I can build on more private maps that griefers can't get to.

Anyway.
I built the floating windmill from the Gorillaz Feel Good Inc music video. And El Manana too, technically.




________________________
________________________
________________________

In my last update I discussed how Valve had finally updated the Engineer Class in TF2 after the game being out for roughly 3.5 years. And I discussed how even with the update only being half-released by the time of my post, that they had already addressed all the main problems of the class and that anything else added afterward was simply icing on the cake.
Well the Icing Truck came and dumped icing everywhere. For the final piece of the puzzle, Valve gave the engineer a robot arm. It does severe damage, gives him extra health and lets him build tiny tiny sentries that build in roughly half-a-second, and when aimed do severe damage and have massive health.
The best part about it is now I can stand on it, jump, shoot myself in the back and propel myself upward. Allowing me to reach places I couldn't before. Mobility! Real mobility! How wonderful.


Similarly, showing their near constant generosity, Valve is releasing a new multiplayer shooter in a little bit that's COMPLETELY FREE. WHAT. Yes. It looks kinda cool. Alien Swarm.
_____________________
_____________________
_____________________

Go see Despicable Me. It's very funny and very over the top.

Metrocon is in a couple of weeks. I will be recording all the goings-on that aren't painful to watch.


Anyway, I am hungry and have to pee.
Good day.

1 comment:

Hotels said...

http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq223/M_Hotels/zekey.jpg?t=1279895580

We decided to make you a cold-blooded murder robot on our server.