The blog of a person....yeah that sounds good.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Wheel of morality, turn turn turn. Tell us the lesson that we should learn.

I wish there were somewhere in Tampa that was looking for someone of my skill. I cant work at the Store for the rest of my life. I cant stand it there.
Animation is the only thing I considered myself good at. "Considered" being the main verb here, as I am probably deluding myself into thinking any of the crap I've managed to scrap together in flash is worth anything.
I'm working on 2 big projects right now.
The first is my music video for Weird Al's "Thats Your Horoscope For Today" song. I dont know Al. But I have been a uberfann of his music for years and have been wanting to do this. So far, the cartoon is a wild spaztic trip of weirdness that changes styles at the drop of a hat. And I am having ALOT of fun making it. The song changes subject so much, I am really just sort of playing in time to the music and animating whatever silly idea comes into my head.
The other thing I have been working on is Sliver.
Which is my massive cartoon in which I am trying to keep it strictly frame-by-frame and put as much detail into each drawing as possible while at the same time, keeping the monochromatic simplicity of the backround and characters intact.
I am using Adam Phillip's virtual camera quite extensively in it.


The Hihi Puffy Ami Yumi guys have their own blog now, which rocks.
While there seems to be great debate whether the show is good or not, I personally love it. It doesnt try to be serious and sappy and boring. It doesnt try to teach you a lesson in every episode. And despite the main characters being teenage girls, the creators circumvented all the teenage stereotypes and made two loveable little cartoon characters.
That, and the design of the show is fantastic. Strictly 2d art deco style, done in flash, and animated very well. Renegade Animation!

Underrated animator HotDiggityDemon on Newgrounds has created a new persona and started up a new flash cartoon series. Its extremly cute in a powerpuff/mylifeasateenagerobot/invaderzim way and filled with a Tartakovsky/McCracken-esque mindset that one cant help but enjoy. The guy seems to come out with a new great cartoon every few months. And noone knows who he is. :(
here it is: SpookyVille USA.
His timing on jokes and poses is perfect.

Anyway, enough crap writing for me.
Back to work.

No comments: