The blog of a person....yeah that sounds good.

Monday, January 22, 2007

Cowabunga

Oh the late 80's and early 90's.
How I miss thee.
Your ridiculous overabundance of action movies.
Videogames that were 2d and usually involved shooting.
Good cartoons on TV.
Stupid fashion sense.
And music that reminded me to "Dont Copy That Floppy"

But one of my favorite things always as a child was the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Action, adventure, comedy, obscenely expensive costumes filled with machines, puppetry, and actors ready to collapse of exhaustion.

The teenage mutant ninja turtles also got me into comics. Savage Dragon, Hellboy, Star Wars comics, etc etc. I think I still have "Star Wars: Splinter of the Minds Eye" somewhere in my room.

So as you can imagine I am UBER-STOKED that there is a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie coming out. And extremely stoked that the animation is stylized and comic-book-like.

I'd never drawn them before, so chances are I got the character design a bit inaccurate.

No comments: